Saturday, March 19, 2016

Why wait for pain to make a change?

I just left a beautiful yoga class, when it began I was sitting Indian style listening to the teacher. Her voice was soothing, the room was small, and smelled like incense. It was very intimate, only 3 students and the teacher. I started thinking of some issues I've been having health wise and then my mind redirected to my children. My eyes began to get teary, my heart started to flutter. My thoughts focused on wanting to spend as much time with them as possible. I felt inclined to cover them in love, encourage them to be love towards others, oh how I cherish them and our moments together. I had to let go of that moment and became aware of being present. I started to breathe. I experienced some sort of relinquishment, my knees stopped hurting, my face was light, and my body was warm. Why does it take hard times or scary health threats for so many humans to wake up? To not be cruel towards others, to offer help, and to have compassion.... What will it take for love to explode from within the soul? The trauma from childhood or life lessons to finally be healed and the movement of restoration to have its full effect upon the spirit. Everyone hurts, yet we continue to lash out our pain, projecting our own shortcomings and insecurities? Have we not evolved enough over time to stop, meditate, and follow through with progress? My mind is still, my heart is full, my body is yet a temple. It boils down to a choice: bondage or liberation. Be careful to not live in bondage of a broken heart or spirit, casting anguish. I want to live aloud in sweet beauty breaking curses and setting people free. Kindness, gentleness, patience, forgiveness; these are keys to unconditional love, to victory, to hosting energy that will change the world -one life at a time.

I'm not merely flesh and bone
I was made for something more
You are God, you're the great I am
Breath of life, I breathe you in
Even in the fire, I'm alive in you
You are strong in my brokenness
Sovereign over every step
Even in the fire, I'm alive, I'm alive in you

 1 Corinthians chapter 13 is worth a read.

No comments:

Post a Comment