Sunday, March 13, 2016

When your best isn't good enough...

Sometimes, you give your best and it isn't good enough. So, why bother right? Because we never know what is in store, what tomorrow might bring.
At times, I wonder how is it that, no matter how much I cry out to God about a certain circumstance in my life, it hasn't changed. I've grown, I've changed, I've learn to let shit go. And still sometimes, the things we love most are stripped from us. We don't understand why but, it happens.
There will always be people hurting so they inflict pain onto others, we shouldn't take it personal yet, it can feel unbearable. Not bearing the burden is easier said than done. I have no answers, just a heavy heart. I keep on trekking because that is what we are taught to do, to be silent, to not show emotion because it is seen as weakness or crazy.

There is a song I remember hearing Amy Grant sing when I was younger, the lyrics so candid....
It's a cold, cold world that we're walking through
Lay down the burden of your heart
But, it's warm as toast, walking two by two
Lay down the burden of your heart

Good night world, you constantly test me and I just want to say what I feel at times: "fuck off!"
Oops, I said what I thought, how 'bout them apples?

No comments:

Post a Comment