Friday, March 25, 2016

Day 2

You know how you make a decision to do something and it seems like confirmation happens through different venues in your life, random pop ups of "coincidences". For instance, today AND yesterday Tim McGraw's song: "Live like you were dying" came on the radio while I was driving, two totally different stations at different times in the day as well as different cities. Just sayin....
I woke up excited today, started calling and texting people to tell them how they have blessed me and why they are important to me. It truly is an honor to have the people we have in our lives, don't ever miss out on letting them know. You never know when someone's time is up. I want to see everyone I speak or see to grin from ear to ear. Smiles are contagious, they make for less stress.
When I arrived at work, my first client hands me this gift. The cute bag had: a pink turban(she saw me previously wear a shirt wrapped around my head one day that looked like a turban), a card, a devotional, a cute tank top, and homemade cookies! WHAT did I do to deserve this??? I felt spoiled, like a kid that won a prize. Judith ALWAYS makes me smile.
On my lunch break I decided to walk down to the beach to sit and take time out to breathe. I am forever taking my shoes off and feeling the sand between my toes then I lay down to dirty my hair.
As I'm walking I notice a couple, facing each other, the woman in a white dress and another man standing in front of them, it was a WEDDING! This couple was getting married, someone was taking pictures and this moment was priceless. I was honored to witness such a beautiful site. Marriage represents love, love is God whom is patient, kind, forgiving, and gentle. To understand how two become one, it goes beyond the physical, its spiritual and emotional. To cherish another human being to the point of being selfless is what its all about, love. Jesus died on the cross because of love.

Just to breathe is enough.
It gives us pleasure to fulfill any need of the body.
To be alive is enough.
The pleasure of the feeling of love.
Help me to be like you are, Lord.

To love life, to be life, to be love.
Help us to love the way you love with no conditions, no expectations, no obligations, without any judgment. Help us to love and accept ourselves without any judgment because when we judge ourselves, we find ourselves guilty, and we feel the need to be punished. Help us to love everything you create unconditionally.....including ourselves.

On my walk back to work, God showed me a memory of my childhood: a bed of white clovers. I knelt down to brush my hands over them, hoping to capture the smell in my skin. I remembered rolling in the grass as a child and picking the weeds. I searched for four leaf clovers and always found one amongst the crowd. In that second I glanced and picked one up! How sweet the creator of life made me feel in that moment. I picked the dandelion mixed into the bed of clover, blew all the seeds off and made a wish. As I stood up, there was a tree with its branches that took me right back to 530 Yale Place in Shreveport, Louisiana. 34 years later and I could smell it. Day 2, and I was right back to being 6 years old.






No comments:

Post a Comment