Sunday, January 18, 2009

She Loves Me



My daughter, Eve, loves me. I can attempt to explain the way she runs to me when I pick her up from being looked after or how she says “mommy, mommy, mommy” until I place her in my arms. Yet, words in no way match the priceless feelings of love that I experience. I adore the precious night cuddles that I receive after a long day of work…..she knows exactly what I need. She crawls into my lap begging me to finally slow down and relax. All she wants me to do is just sit with her and maybe sing a song or two. If only we, as children of God, would see our heavenly Father the same as our children see us as parents. How crazy would it be, if we ran to Him with excitement when we see Him coming and taking the time to be with us? How comforting is it to know that when we say his name only once that He is already there picking us up -ready to embrace. Every night He is waiting for us to climb into His lap and rest, hanging on to our every word and filling us with peace. Assuring us that we are loved and there is no greater joy.

2 comments: