Tuesday, January 6, 2009

A Mother's Precious Moment


My son Seth just had his 5th birthday on Sunday. We didn't do much, because he really doesn't ask for much. He is my youngest son, having 2 older brothers and one younger sista. He tends to be shy when you first meet him and I haven't met a person that has NOT commented on how cute he is. Yet, he doesn't know how precious he is, he has the most beautiful presence (when he's not tired, which leads to crankiness and whining). My love for my children can not be measured. When I witness what I did today, I am exceptionally thankful. Seth was given a bag of really nice hand me down clothes last night by a friend of ours (thank you, May!), when he was trying them on, I almost cried. Because he kept saying, "How did they know I wanted this, it's exactly what I wanted. Everyone is going to be so proud of me." He was so excited to have his own new clothes (not his brothers torn and worn hand me downs) and his grateful heart was shining! He was so proud as he tried on every last piece, and I- was so proud to be the mother of this precious, priceless, pure joy of a son.

No comments:

Post a Comment