Saturday, January 10, 2009

Insecure?

I have a buddy that always calls just to tell me how great he's doing, how everybody loves him and wants him to work for them, how he's the best at what he does, etc. Being that I am in the same profession, I can't help but grin. If I don't......insecure comes sneakin' in (ready to take me out). It's like he's saying "you just got served", in order for me to not start trippin' I remember- the fear of man....vs. the fear of the Lord. God made me! What else is better than that? He took time out 4 me. He knew what I would be like, what I would love, what I'd do, He already knew before I took my first breath. He gave me purpose, He gave me the ability to seek Him and have peace. Not peace or trust through this world that we live in, yet in Him. A deeper strength, a deeper understanding, a calling to listen. To not be boastful about ourselves or the things that so easily entangle us in this life, but to be consumed with His fire.....His mercy. To love the insecure, the helpless, the lonely, the ugly, the mean, the proud, the ones nobody loves. It's too easy to love people that are good to us, that love us, that care for us, that don't tempt us. Jesus did it, loved the corrupt, should we?

No comments:

Post a Comment