Monday, January 5, 2009

Angels Fall Down

There is a song called ‘Angels Fall Down‘ by a band known as Skillet, it is so powerful because of the intensity from the band’s heart to worship. I am in awe of my heavenly Father, not only when I hear this song but when I see my children sleeping peacefully, when I hear my youngest son say: “I love you mommy” and all I have done was to tell him to get in bed. God’s presence is so strong: when I witness a friend struggling to hold back their tears and try to hide away their pain, when I see a room full of people longing to be with Him, when I am incapable of crying out loud, when I am by myself -questioning how am I going to make it through to the next paycheck. Coming to a place: where I finally be still, and know my Lord is HERE.….right now! Always nudging me to do what is of His character and not my own stinky flesh. I need Him! I need His words of life, His love, His forgiveness, His timing, His vision, I need Him. At His glory, I fall shaken and afraid…..yet I am perfectly safe right here with HIM. There is no place I would rather be than with my Father. He clothes me when others tear away at my hand-made blankets of insecurity and shame. He picks me up and carries me when I’ve been pushed down and walked upon by anger and guilt. When I fall, I know that He is HERE. He catches me, He shelters me, He wraps me into His ever strong arms, He pours his mercy over me like a waterfall. Thank you Lord! Thank you Lord! Thank you Lord! I can not see through this current fog, but I will trust YOU. As long I can see your cross in my mind, hear your word in my heart, smell your victory through the ashes, taste prayer after prayer in my mouth and feel your hope in my entire being……I will NOT lose sight of the things to come. You and only YOU understand the fog. You know that I will conquer this life because I simply trust. I am not perfect, nor will I ever be on this Earth, yet You are HERE. Now and forever! Let me fall more in love with YOU! Then and only then will I soar.

No comments:

Post a Comment