Monday, January 5, 2009

Do you see what I see? Do you see what I see?

I love that song….”Do you hear what I hear, do you hear what I hear, a song, a song…” It repeats lines throughout it. It’s a funny thing how my children tend to do the same thing throughout their lives. It’s like lather, rinse, repeat. Except the only repeating that my children are doing are the words and actions of my husband and I. So, tonight when I was driving down the road and my oldest child starts yelling out “think green”, I was bewildered for a brief second. Then it came to me that I taught him this. He was encouraging(and ended up being quite successful) his brothers and sister to say “green, green, green”. He was directing this towards the traffic lights……I once told him (when I was running late for work) that we needed to think green, so the lights would change and we would not get stuck at any red lights. I reminded him that what we concentrate on- we bring forth, what we put out there- we get right back. My thinking out loud and ideas of what I believe are an instant pattern stitched into my children. They will repeat soooooo many things…good and bad. Sometimes, I can not help but laugh at what they repeat. It also makes me very conscious of what I am saying and doing 24/7.
Here are a few of my favorite repeated words from my kids:
“N-O, NO!”,
“Inhale, exhale- breathe.”,
“Who, who, who, who, who, who let the dogs out?”,
“Sometimes, people don’t know that they are mean.”,
“Bear with one another in love.”,
“Too much candy will make you sick”,
“Can you touch your nose with your tongue?”,
“This goes in the recycle bin.”,
“What’cha know bout me, what’cha, what’cha know bout me”,
“Don’t get it unless you have cash for it”,
and (of course, the best is always saved for last) “I love you”.

No comments:

Post a Comment