Monday, January 5, 2009

Why?

I do ask “why” sometimes. Why do I have to learn some things more than once? Why do I struggle to see the good in some and not so much in others? Why do I not have the man power to change what simply needs changing? Why? Why are people struggling and it seems that only 2 or 3 people notice? Why can’t we all just get along? Why can I not be a better mom? Why does it hurt so much? Why do we let things get so bad?
Why? WHY does he have to go? So soon? Why can’t he stay for awhile longer and I cherish each precious moment? What will become of this?
The only one who can truly comfort is the only one who can answer. The only one who sees the tears is the only one who can dry them.
I seek peace, I seek justice, I seek things that are nowhere on THIS earth to be found. My heart is heavy and hurts to try to understand, yet somehow words find me. “I am the way, the truth, and the light.” “Love is patient, love is kind, it does not envy, it does not boast.”
If the pain is not ours to bear, then why do we try to take it upon ourselves? Letting go, and letting God -is when we stop on the tracks of suffering and pain, and realize how we need to sit at the table of grace and hope to literally find JOY.
This too shall pass and I will see him again, because he is in a place where there is peace and justice.

No comments:

Post a Comment