Saturday, July 25, 2009

My stolen heart

How can I express the love of God, when I grieve? This state of mind that traps me in such shallow waters. I'm not familiar with this ground. I have not tread this path before. I can not sleep, I can not eat, I feel weak, Oh -how my countenance has changed. I am at a loss for words, words of comfort and peace. Harsh is my presence. Not quite the beauty I once was. Never have I been one of outward appearance, yet my light that formally shone deep from within has grown dim. I struggle to encounter the bread that has been my routine for years. I somewhat comprehend how beyond desperate I am. I crave air, not from this world, yet from the place where he progressed.

1 comment:

  1. Hey gal,
    I didn't know you had lost your dad. I'm so sorry for you, though I am glad you have a dad with whome your memories are good. So many of the kids I work with don't have that.

    Give yourself grace to grieve. God will hold your hand through it, but it still is difficult. I remember feeling like the air had been sucked out of me, but I was still suppose to go on living and acting like before- and it felt wrong. This is a quote paraphase, but you'll get the gist: "Sometimes it feels like the whole earth is depopulated with the loss of one we love." Take it moment by moment friend.

    Drink those chais, yoga your body, and spend time with people who love you and make you smile. Wish I could one of them- maybe in October?

    ReplyDelete