Monday, July 13, 2009

My Father: Part I

July 12th, 2009: Today, my dad left this world with a smile. He was in so much pain (cancer) and now he is pain free. I know this because I know him and his heart for our Creator. He was welcomed home with angels all around and his parents leading him to the King of ALL Kings. My father had strength, confidence, and a security that every child should see in a father.

He loved the movies, as I was growing up he would often quote from different movies. I can still hear him......."Now Kara, what we have HERE is a failure to communicate." (from 'Cool Hand Luke') I love the fact that my father had no idea how he taught me that a sense of humor is necessary for life. He had such a huge impact on my life.

I will continue in detail later......I need to finish my speech for the Memorial, which will be this Thursday. Plus, I'm tired. Good night, sleep tight, don't let the bed bugs bite!

No comments:

Post a Comment