Saturday, July 18, 2009

My Father: Part III

Two years ago, for Father's Day, I wrote this poem for my dad:

You are my Father

You showed strength when I fell.
You gave hope to others when you least knew.
You give reason to believe in what I believe.
I love you Daddy.
Our Heavenly Father is closer than we will ever know.
He is so evident in you.
Thank you for showing His Love,
Sharing His character and building my faith.
He is forever faithful, forever our Father!

More than 14 years ago I was driving out to Denver, Co. to live, and dad flew into Louisiana because he was concerned with me being by myself. It was the BEST road trip EVER! I found out how really cool my dad was. I asked him question after question and we talked about everything, our bond flourished even more. I miss him. Now, my dad is in a place where he is surrounded by peace, completely healed and free. How wonderful to see the King, how invigorating to dance/sing without limitations and insecurities. He was blessed here on earth and I was blessed to be his daughter, to witness and experience such a relationship that exemplified what it means to know Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment