Sunday, August 3, 2014

Be Real, Be Brave

Everyone has pain that festers inside them, it is disguised as something or someone that is causing them an undeniable trial in their life. Whether it be heartache, memories, abuse, suffering from disease, an addiction, depression, anxiety, loneliness, constant accusations, bullying, judgement, loss, betrayal, strife, struggling to make ends meet, or anything that slowly attempts to kill any hope of success. These afflictions are temporary because this life is temporary. Scripture quotes: 'there is a time for everything,' -Ecclesiastes 3:1, along with 1 Peter 1:24. Let's be honest, those times SUCK! I wanted to end my writing with that today, yet there is always a silver lining, a shimmer of destiny, that unexplainable joy that sneaks a smile upon your face. For me, last night, it was hearing my best friend's voice that I haven't heard in months, she listened as I wept. She displayed kindness and empathy, most importantly she picked up the phone and I discovered that I didn't need a shoulder, I just needed a soul. A soul to listen to my tribulations, to comfort me with a listening ear. I needed to know I didn't have to carry the burden by myself. She said “we will get through this life.” I kept apologizing, saying “I'm sorry, I'm so sorry.” I was ashamed I needed help, I needed another soul to tell me “it's okay to be real.” You see, this storm I'm going through and not around, is not a punishment, its preparation. I have NO idea for what it is preparing me for, but having a friend remind me that Jesus strength is greater than our storm(by just listening) gave me comfort in my desperation. “Come,” a simple word that means: to move toward, reach a destination, arrive by movement or progress, as in due course, and reach a state or condition. This little four letter word was what Jesus used to tell the disciples to follow him that changed the course of their lives forever. Jesus told the sick to “Get up” when he would heal them. “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.” -Matthew 11:28

733 Baptisms, July 31, 2014, My oldest son was among them. 
It isn't a coincidence that in order for healing or progress to take place that Jesus used words that involved some sort of action to be made. Come, Get Up, simple, yet with one step or movement it created advancement for the people that trusted him and made the decision to take action. To move beyond the trial/storm you are in, it is required of you to GET UP and COME. You may or may not forget where you were when you were hit by the storm, but walking through it and hearing God's voice(whether it be through scripture, that still small voice, or a friend's audible voice on the phone or in person) telling you to “get up” or “come” will alter and shift your life permanently. The effects can usually be along the lines of: healing, destiny, direction, purpose-driven, prepared, peaceful, gained wisdom, and understanding hope truly exist. Do it, walk through it, and pray to be brave!  

No comments:

Post a Comment