Monday, October 12, 2009

Do you ever get lost?

I recall one time when I was driving out to Colorado by myself, getting lost. I was so scared and freaked out. I swore I was going the right way, until the pavement ended. For some reason, even though the surroundings were unfamiliar, I kept convincing myself it was alright, I would end up in the correct destination. Well, I didn't and I was completely and utterly lost. Remind you this was before Map Quest and GPS, so I couldn't just get directions without asking someone.

As I drove to the beach by myself this past Friday, I was reminded of that time in my life. I was young and single, ready to do the Lord's work. I committed my life to serving God, preparing to be a missionary. It was exciting, new, and full of adventures. Except, my journey began by losing my way. I can't help but relate these feelings of being lost to my relationship with my Heavenly Father. Sometimes we can get so distracted, we lose our way. We might even insist that our way is best, that we know better. When really, we are deceived and have absolutely NO idea what it means to surrender. Allowing God to guide us, trusting Him and His word is a big deal. We can't just quote that we are christians or disciples and do our own thing, saying that the Bible was written a long time ago and how it doesn't pertain to my life. God is GOD, He still created the world, he created me and you. He knows us, yet I often question myself "Do I know Him?" His word is challenging, It seems that I fail so often....yet He awaits for me to stop and ask for directions. When I'm lost, He is my GPS. He gets me back on the paved road, because he laid it down and cares when I get lost. He even puts light posts up for me to see in the dark, how cool is that?

No comments:

Post a Comment