Thursday, August 20, 2009

just checkin in.......

It's not that late, but I got up really early this morning. My eyes are hurting so this will be short. I just want to say that it is super hard making the right decisions sometimes. I would love to go out and get some ice cream RIGHT now but the fact is I had some yesterday. Some people would say live it up, you work out enough. Yet, I am struggling with this everything in moderation cliche. I totally dig ice cream, actually anything that is remotely related to it! I could eat it EVERY flippin day! Would that be good for me? Ummmm, NO. Not good for: my heart, my blood sugar, my cellulite, my hormones, my energy level, etc. etc. etc. I ENJOY this simple pleasure yet, indulging myself without considering the consequences could end up somewhat ugly. How silly would I feel if I woke up 3 months later wondering how the hell did I gain ALL this weight? Even more so, how stupid to not think about what choices I make, what temptations lie ahead of me and act as if I will not suffer anything from poor decisions. I am more than human and make mistakes on a daily basis. I'm not saying to live in fear, but I am going to ask how will this come about? I believe that; "Making the right decision, allows you to feel the energy of the universe."

2 comments:

  1. I agree with ya sista, ice cream is AMAZING and I could eat it for breakfast lunch & supper! But with the strength you gain from our amazing heavenly father, all temptations can be over come with his power. We are flesh & sin but through him we are washed by the blood, how amazing is that. He walked on water, healed the sick, raised the dead, his power is great & he can do anything that we ask in his name & give him the power to control our destinys. It may be the power over induling in icecream or the power to fix the broken, nothing is impossible with Jesus! Love you girl, my icecream eating buddy... you nut! :) Love Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey Kara

    it was great to see you at school yesterday! i came across your blog from Erica's. your family is so precious and I can't believe how big your little girl is! doesn't seem long ago she was crawling around on the soccer field!

    ReplyDelete