Thursday, June 4, 2009

I am blessed....

I love sleeping in! I am usually taking kids to school and running off to work bright and early. So, there is nothing like a day when you get to just sleep in, even if it is only an hour or so. As I am up at midnight typing this silly blog. Yeah, yeah, yeah I'm definitely a night owl. Although, I do enjoy getting up. Fresh, new mornings, starting ALL over again. This morning, I was blessed to sleep in as my husband took the older children to school. I woke with my two younglings excited to find their mommy right beside them. We found Dr. Seuss awaiting and were very content to snuggle and discover new words. Unfortunately, we could not hide away forever, so we grabbed cereal in a cup and shot out the door to pick up their siblings, who only had a half day at school. Summer is only a day away!
We proceeded to run to the store for some toilet paper which in turn became a life learning moment. Three of them were so anxious to get more than just tp. "Why can't I have gum?" "Why can't I have this bag of balloons?" And Tink screaming over purple Jelly shoes! "No, no, no." "Not today. We are just getting what we came for." If you have children, you understand what goes on when you say NO. If you do not, good for you....your the person giving me looks as if to say, "What were you thinking when you decided to have FOUR children." Mega meltdowns, gotta love 'em! I kind of tune out the noise. When I see someone else experiencing them and I'm actually by myself -I can't help but giggle. It's SOOOO funny to watch. Human nature, I guess.
We arrive back to our humble home to enjoy more meltdowns from Tink, she did NOT want to be home. She wanted to go, go, go. I am always on the go, so when we have a day where we can just chill.....it throws Tink off and she does NOT find it acceptable at ALL. Long story short: 50 or more barrettes all over the front porch, VHS tape film pulled out and wrapped around the dining room chairs, Tiger(our sweet dog) enjoying grilled cheese sandwiches meant for someone else, bath water all over the blinds/door/floor/me/mirror, neighbors laughing at the streaker that lives in my house, colorful artwork on my white walls, missing Tupperware, gum all over face, hands and hair, and finally puzzle pieces under bed sheets, in shoes and frozen in the freezer. Some might label my precious little girl with three brothers as a Diva, yet, around here she's called Tink. It's short for Tinkerbell the tornado. She may come across as demanding at times, but I see her carefree spirit and love that I'm her Peter Pan. She follows me everywhere. She sprinkles the best pixie dust in town, just ask any of my lost boys. She makes every single one of us feel special when she says, "Hey you!" Then pulls you in for a beautiful, BIG hug! Like I said, "I am blessed!"
Before Peter Pan had to fly off to work for a bit, the lost boys and Tink watched a Veggie Tales show so Pan could watch with shut eyes.
Then bed-time was finally in sight, where Andrew asks the easy questions: "Why did God make other gods?" and "How old is God?" Like I said, "I am blessed!"
Even sitting here now, Tink finds me to make sure I'm okay. I love her pixie dust, I love my lost boys......and you know what? I am blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment