Tuesday, May 26, 2009

To obtain the unattainable

I was running the other day and was so focused. It was a good day. I actually completed a mile in 8 minutes! Whooo-hoo! Not bad for a lady in her 30's. I pushed myself, I was thinking of those motivating people on the Biggest Loser show from the tellie. How they work incredibly hard to lose all that weight. Anyway, getting side-tracked. It was like someone was yelling at me that I could run ALOT faster than I was, yet there I was by myself. "Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize." -1 Corinthians 9:24 I encourage you to read the rest (verses 25-27), it is quite challenging. I was so pumped when I finished, with my ipod blasting in my ears, that I ran outside and shouted out loud (totally freaked some people out-just kidding, just kidding, just kidding). I sprinted across the lawn to a beautiful opening in the grass, yet out of sight for passer-bys and then, I danced. I leaped and twirled, and finally when my energy was gone I fell to my knees. I pressed through my thoughts and imagined my Savior before me. That is why I run, that is why I dance. I knew at that second that ANYTHING is possible with HIM! In Matthew 19:26, Jesus said, "With man this is impossible, but with God ALL things are possible." Now, in this passage, Jesus was instructing the disciples on how to obey the commandments. Have you ever read the commandments? Not just the 10, but ones Jesus instructed us in the New Testament? Love your neighbor as yourself, and SOOOOO many more. You'd have to be perfect! No man is perfect. When I was sprinting, cracked knees and all, I felt as if I could do anything, obtain the unattainable, because my Lord CAN! With Him, I can. With Him, I shall. With Him, I see. With God, I am not alone and have the strength to press through any circumstance. To obtain and imagine the impossible, is to KNOW the King of Kings and Lord of Lords.

No comments:

Post a Comment