Sunday, June 7, 2009

Sweet Spirits in my mist

About a week ago when both my dogs got out and I had to be at work, my oldest son ran off to find them. I didn't know where they were for approximately 45 minutes and I started to freak out. Then, 15 minutes before I had to be at work, I got a call from a neighbor two streets over. "Your son and dogs are here." I high tailed it over, got my son and dogs. Then sped all the way to work where I had to change my anxiety to happy mode for class. After class, I was chatting with two wonderful co-workers whom I spoke about my hectic morning, when I arrived home....they were there. These incredible women just grabbed cleaning supplies and attacked my room. I was in awe, as if my heart was being picked up and comforted after a bad storm within my chest. Tears streaming down my face, yet a hope that stirred in me of how there are still people in this world that live out compassion. My eyesight was not playing tricks on me, there were angels in my mist. Some are thinking -so what, but you did not see my room. It was awful, boxes, trash, toys EVERYWHERE!!!! I lost the ability to take care of my home after I had Eve because that is when my father was diagnosed with a gleoblastoma brain tumor(malignant). For the past 3 years, I have been in this intense process of raising four children, starting a business and financial struggles......thus began the horrific walk of cancer for my daddy. I'm am not suggesting people feel sorry for me, please read another blog if you do. I want people to see me as an encouragement, knowing that we can press on and make it through whatever tornadoes in life that may occur. Life is not full of easy buttons, nor is it supposed to be constant suffering. I just want to know that in the end, I gave my all and did everything I could to glorify my King. There will be trials and hardships. The big questions are: "How am I responding to it all?" "Am I living as if I am taking up my cross and following Him daily?", "What is the wise decision to make?", "Can I say that in this life I KNEW my heavenly Father?", "What is my life reflecting?", "Do I shine?", "Will I have the opportunity to be someones' sweet spirit that helps to get them through an impossible moment?" My hearts desire, is to be more like Him....thank you my dear, sweet friends who picked me up and beamed the light of hope and grace, our Fathers love poured out through you.

No comments:

Post a Comment