Sunday, May 3, 2009

Take me back to India

I just watched Slumdog Millionaire and started to cry, couldn't stop. Great movie, most think....well, it's just a movie...not real. Yet, I, having traveled through-out India know differently. Some of the streets I walked on, were filled with children that were tortured in order to beg for money. The poverty is overwhelming, but the drive and the spirit of the people is intense. So many beautiful lives. I want to go back. It's crazy that I feel so trapped here, watching nonsense....people fighting over where they want to go out to eat or (even I am guilty of this) freaking out on my husband about cleaning up. I often wonder: 'Where did I go wrong seeing the big picture?' Stressing over petty things. When did I grow numb of others pain, suffering, and strife? Hopefully, there is a moment in EVERYONES life -where compassion happens. Where it is either being given to them or being given by them. I believe it is the fortunate ones that are compelled by such compassion and filled with hope, therefore learning to act upon it. My heart longs to see a better world, it only takes one to motivate thousands and the thousands to change the millions. Why not? Who am I? Who are you? What exactly is our destiny? To stand-by, maybe enjoy the ride, or BE the ride and let others experience something besides complacency, ignorance, injustice, hurt, or even hell.

2 comments:

  1. nice blog, hai friend u r invite to my yoga blog ,i want share my yoga lifestyle to u ,thk

    ReplyDelete
  2. So good to see you for a moment this morning. Great song that last one today, huh? I couldn't watch all of Slumdog, it hurt too much, cause I too know how real it is:) Have to share some neat blogs with you of some "blog" friends that just toured India's Compassion International Ministry. Neat stuff! What I love most about you is your heart, and I am so thankful that from day 1 we were/are kindred:) Hang in there sweet sista'! I am praying for you and look forward to more heart chates!

    ReplyDelete