Saturday, April 9, 2016

Days 10-17

There is something about laser tag that activates my competitive side. It was probably my favorite activity the kids and I did over their spring break. We had to work together as a team; protecting, warning, guarding, directing, guiding, listening, encouraging, and looking out for each other. It reminded me that being a family, working together as one unit, is the greatest adventure of all.
The kids went back to their dad's Sunday and I was left alone in an empty house. I didn't want to stay there, most the time I don't mind, yet that evening I did. I joined a friend at the gym and then we celebrated our hard work with a drink. I dreaded the return to my empty nest so much that I text a friend to ask if I could stay at their place. Grateful again for beautiful friends.
Monday evening I was more than pleased to lock myself in my house and work away alone, catching up on bills and prepping for the week. Indian food with one of my homeslices, homemade coffee with another, time well spent. Then, the rest of the week as Rihanna says, "I worked, worked, worked." My 14 year old had the honor of traveling to NYC with a group from school this week and I was tickled each night he called to unraveled the details of his day.

One moment that stood out this week was a visit I made to the Dollar Tree Store. I was just grabbing a water for the weekly trek I make to the beach, yet something in my spirit told me to grab two. Standing in the checkout lane I randomly grabbed some Slim Jims because I thought "OOOOOH, protein! Perfect snack!" The only thing weird about it was I didn't need them and knew I wouldn't eat them for days. As I left and was sitting at a light there was a man standing with a sign, he was homeless, he was small, and looked pitiful. I rolled my window down and asked him "Do you want some water?" He perked up and excitedly said "Yes!" He dodged around other cars running to my mine and as I gave him the extra water and beef jerky he looked as if he was going to cry. Never doubt what your essence tells you, never question why you do certain things. It's a gift to listen to what our higher power tells us.

Random quotes from the week:

"To live a pure unselfish life, one must count nothing as one's own in the midst of abundance."

I looked up the definition of accountability this week and was led to say:
I'm encouraged, excited, and empowered to know that I don't have anyone to blame for where I am in life. I stand on my own two feet. At the end of the day I am accountable for my own actions that were made. I embrace the mistakes I made, I fully understand that I have to take responsibility for my responses to the circumstances that surround me. I choose to learn from my failures and celebrate in the goals I have achieved. Focusing on what I really want, and insuring my life is not taken for granted. Pursuing every minute as if it is my last. Today, and every day, I hold myself accountable to transform myself into the best version of me possible.

"If you're serious about changing your life, you'll find a way, if not, you'll find an excuse."



Why I take care of my body: physically, mentally, spiritually, emotionally, & financially....
"Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies."
-1 Corinthians 6:19

No comments:

Post a Comment