Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Day 18-21

As the days pass I find myself more invested in the people I'm with rather than social media. I want to soak up every second. I watched a comedian compare someone ringing your doorbell growing up verses now....although he made it hilarious, it was true and sad at the same time. As a kid we got excited when someone was at the door and everyone in the family ran to it, or if the house phone rang everyone wanted to answer. 2016, if the doorbell rings everyone hides! There is not much else to say, just let that settle.

Taking action is what I feel led to do right now. Finding ways to publish my childrens book, working 110% in the gym and on my yoga mat to accomplish my goals eats daylight hours. The other moments are full of the limited time I have with my loves(children and friends), work, and allowing God to breathe through me. I'm learning to put my phone down more and savor the seconds that make life just that....LIFE! I smell my children's hair, kiss their cheeks, burn candles, read, sing karaoke with the kids, dance in the car at red lights, smile at EVERYONE, talk to strangers and make new friends by cracking jokes, stand outside in the rain, sit in the grass with the sun on my face, drink a warm cup of tea, and pray I never lose sight of how sweet this love is that the Lord has lavished upon me. Some days are easier than others, yet I keep reminding myself to be kind. Which there are several occasions I fail to do so. Yet, I know I want my life to be one that leaves a message of giving through kindness and laughter, a life that looked back upon refused to be selfish. May others feel lifted up when I am in their presence, because honestly, why are we here? To give the light that we have been given and create more access to visual beauty; or take it...causing more darkness to cover the earth so that we can't see anything, bruising and stubbing our toes from running into objects due to the absence of light. We have a choice, we can be light, or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment