Sunday, March 28, 2010

Okay, so that's NOT my name

I love teaching aerobics, I find it amusing and ALWAYS entertaining. Although lately, I have been getting in quite a bit of trouble at work so, it hasn't been the same. I've had to, how can I put this lightly, contain some of my energy. I have NO clue (hehehe) who keeps ratting me out. Could be a member at the gym or a fellow co-worker, whoEVAH it is- I would enjoy sharing a few choice words with. I am laughing writing this because my motto, when I teach lately, has been to not share my real name during class. I introduce myself as Linda or Stacy, yet when I'm really feeling frisky I use a fellow instructors name. People that are acquainted with me and have been attending my classes let out a giggle or two. It totally makes my spirit light up because it reminds me of that song "That's Not My Name." Which brings me to my incredible, intense point. The song quotes: "they call me Stacy, they call me her," whatever it is they call her she claims "That's NOT my name!" In life, people assume that they know me or think that they know me because they know my name or what it is that I do....in actuality they have no clue. Truly, there is only one that apprehends me. Yes, it's God. Honestly, who else could know us inside out and still want to be with us? Some read my blog and say I'm hurting or sad, the fact is I'm plowing through, attempting to understand why and how I can get to utopia. It is NOT our job to know other peoples business or meddle in their lives trying to create more tension. We are here to know God, to share God, once that happens we will be with Him forever. So, until then.....that's not my name.

2 comments:

  1. that's not name! Love it. I love you so much Kara. Just channel that energy into your work. It'll pay off. I still woud love to shoot a video for this song...but we'd really rattle people's cages!!! Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to claim that, too! That's not my name!! I'll try to remember that tomorrow at work--lol!

    ReplyDelete