Tuesday, August 30, 2011

What is this addiction I have of posting my most intimate thoughts in web space? I guess I fear if I do not put it out there it will stay within me. It might be that I am just reaching out to someone/anyone that will hear me. The strong independent single mom that comes across needing no assistance and can handle this life trusting God to no end -STRUGGLES! I am scared to death. I don't know how He does it but he does. God provides for me, more than enough! Yet, does this mean as I sit here bawling that I am capable of getting through everything this life will unveil. I signed a two year lease for my studio yesterday, WHAT was I thinking???? I didn't, I trusted as I trust every week that food will somehow magically appear in my fridge to feed my four precious babies. What really baffles me is tonight when I looked in my bathroom mirror to brush my teeth I didn't recognize the woman in it. I started crying and couldn't stop. I called out for my dad and of course there was no reply. Two years have passed and I still want to pick up the phone to call him and tell him I'm heading over because I'm frightened or I need him to watch the kids. He was there for me and directed me to Jesus every time. I am NOT okay! I am missing a HUGE part of my grounding. I'm not angry just completely lost on how to handle death so close.

Now the fun news: my ex-husband called me last week and informed me of his engagement, he said the kids were excited because they really liked his fiance. Yet as the week progressed the boys showed their concern. They now have more broken pieces to this puzzle they have to figure out called life. It was subtle but it was there. Originally, the southern red-neck Kara wanted to scream. I HATE the fact that another woman is going to act as a mommie towards my children. I do NOT like sharing, especially my children! She is a sweet lady, yet she has no idea the sweat and tears I've labored over each of my love bugs. The countless prayers for each of them and the precious moments that NO ONE needs to try to replace with new ones. This too shall pass. Yes, I wrote these thoughts out loud. I don't need to be consoled, just wanted to express it. I am not alone.

All some people interpret from my writings is blah blah blah blah. HAHA. I had to say it, I miss companionship. We were made for communion, not worthless attempts of single-hood. Why would God bother to create us if he couldn't hang out with us? Alright, I'm done venting, good night.

1 comment:

  1. I love you Kara. And I love that you put it out there in its raw and real form. Wish I was there to give you a hug and remind you of how precious and valuable you are to me and so many. Loneliness can suck, but the antidotes to loneliness sometimes suck even worse.

    In any case, I have and will keep praying for you. I was missing David's mom today. She's been gone 4 years now, and I still want to call her and be loved by her. That ache of her absence reminds me of my true home, and keeps me from losing the plot on this side of heaven.

    I never really imagined what it must be like for a mom to have her children have someone else try to be 'mommy' to them too. Wow- I can feel that pain. Thanks for sharing that real pain- it makes my prayers more specific and more passionate.

    I love you Kara.

    Some days we just put one step in front of the other- and that is our act of faith for that day. I just keep on trying to head in His direction, even when it feels like I'm dragging myself through mud. At least it keeps me on the path of life. The other roads may look wide and easy, but I know they don't end well- and I'm aiming for the grand prize, so like an athlete, I discipline myself for the journey that leads to where I really want to go. Ironic though that sometimes I have to breathe mud along that path in order to get to the lasting life.

    It's worth saying again Kara, I love you!

    ReplyDelete