Sunday, December 19, 2010

i blog, why?

So, my blog is not like most of my friends blogs, actually it is nothing like any of my friends blogs. I don't describe my day with the kids, or work, or what I've been doing, keeping people posted on my life. I just feel like it would be boring and its been done(not really, my life is quite the juicy drama at times, but let's just say I'm boring for the sake of the point being made in this entry). I kind of skip straight to the core of how I am feeling, what I'm processing in my noggin, the ugly truth of what spins around in my head all day long. Reality, I am a bit ashamed of some of my days spent. I'm not the typical gal that is found in the local towns hyped up magazine plastered with plastic surgery ads right next to the articles labeled 'God Loves You Just The Way You Are' or 'I'm Incredible because I'm Popular!'
No facade here, no fake persona, no boob job(even though I would totally get one, if it was free and done by the best Dr. in the industry). I don't hide anything, shying behind my job, my kids, or my make-up. I let it be known that I'm completely human, I screw up miserably on an hourly basis. I love who I love deeply and passionately, I easily offer compassion only because I KNOW what it is like to desperately need and want it. I write some of my most hidden secrets believing that I'm not unparalleled. I understand that everyone is unique and struggles with certain shortcomings, yet getting down to the nucleus, the foundation, the nitty gritty- is something we all can relate to. It's the heart of us that longs for more. I sense my worries, at times, can be overwhelming. Somehow I muster through, I guess because I have witnessed so much pain. Not just my pain, yet the weight of the ones that surround me or the dear souls I've met throughout my journeys. Others that have been beaten for their faith, starving for tangible food, fighting against diseases, and living in constant physical or emotional agony. This is why I don't mention the details of my own personal hell that I'm walking through, because no matter the circumstance: it manifest from the root. The root of who we are and where(how) we grew up. If we see a need -why not fill it? Reaching out to another presence, touching them with something so practical that can bring hope in ways that we will never fathom. Trusting and waiting for the root to grow and blossom, not wither up and fade because it has been neglected. There have been some incredible peeps in my life and I praise God for them due to their outstanding principles and non-judgmental mentality. Honestly, I have a hard time grasping the fact that I was shown mercy by these beloved friends. Not everyone is kind, they were not shown how to be such a thing. This is why we go to the mark -where it all started. "Love, love is patient, love is kind, it does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud, it is not rude, it is not self-seeking, love is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails." I Corinthians 13:4-8
I'm not your typical southern, 34 year old gal with four kids and four jobs. I'm flawed and I know it, yet I can LOVE.....UNCONDITIONALLY LOVE because He does. My God is great, let me show it. My God is LOVE.

No comments:

Post a Comment