Sunday, September 26, 2010

I de-activated my facebook account

The coolest thing about facebook(FB) is that you are never alone. If your bored -post something and watch to see if anyone comments, if your having trouble sleeping -stalk your friends walls, if your seeking a relationship -send a message to your high school sweetheart or crush, if you need to procrastinate -gaze upon the thousands of photos that are posted by your friends. Basically, FB is a temple where you can go to step out of reality, get away from your stress, build yourself up, a web world where you can play games, seek ideas of what life is in theory by hundreds of people that you somewhat know. It can be used as a substance that will distract you from the finer things in life. My hypothesis is: we as the human race can, and choose to, be addicted to ANYTHING. We enthrall ourselves in hiding. We hide behind our clothes, our make-up, our jobs, our FB status, our fitness level, our food, our televisions, our alcohol, our drugs, our marriage, our school work, our every day addictions.
I recently de-activated my FB account, I'm sure it didn't offend anyone or my friends didn't take notice because of the endless activity that you can maneuver in the FB world. Yet, I encountered insignificance and it was great! I welcomed self, I embraced awareness. It was substantial to my spirit to know I was running from one thing to another and not gathering my thoughts. Being distracted with obstacles, entertaining myself and forgetting about my purpose, my goals. I necessitated a time to be alone, a period in my life where I felt as if I was at a stand still. I honestly believe I heard a voice saying, "God wants you, Kara. Be alone with Him." Me? There are billions of people on this earth, and God desires me? A scanty, petty, anthropoid that gets on some peoples nerves with my hyperactive energy, really? I admit it, I'm a spaz that likes to experience fun in life. But, I am complex and have multifarious faults. Half the time, that is all I recognize....my indiscretions. No matter, He...the most high, is waiting for me. To just be with Him and be still. His love is unending and His grace overwhelms my soul.
So, for a season, I am resting in just living in the moment. Away from FB, the phone, the t.v., the stores, the music, the objects that keep me tangled from enjoying life! The twinkles in our existence such as: watching the yellow butterflies that appear in September, the laughter and hugs I share with my children, the constant challenges I face as a parent and discovering new ways to maintain a positive outlook, the joy in knowing someone loves me unconditionally!
I may activate my FB account again, yet only to share this very post. Peace out...breathe life, speak truth, love more.

No comments:

Post a Comment