Sunday, December 27, 2009

Why Love?

Why love? Why love when we can be selfish? Why love when it hurts? I will love because I can, because I know not what the person next to me has seen or heard.
I can, and that, in itself, is powerful. I can be light when I see none, I can be love when I feel none. I can. I can love, even when it troubles me. I love when the ocean roars, when I'm swallowed whole and nothing sustains me. I can love....as much as it kills me, I love. That's it, let me die, let me be so that I may smell of this love that brings something I can not. Love is more than adoration, more than inspiration, it is deep. You must love self to embrace the unfathomable.
Love, why do you not let me go? Why am I of worth? Why does love continue to call me? Love is here, rooted within my inmost being. Stirring my passion to seek more. More love, burning my unmanageable, unrestrainable heart. This love that has unimaginably perforated my soul.........keeps me in awe. I am no longer lost when it comes to this love. I no longer have to mourn over the death of my flesh. Love fills my cup with mercy and directs me to the right path. Love forgives and I must love.

No comments:

Post a Comment