Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Butterflies

Monday, I went for a run. I didn't realize it at the time, but I ran 4 miles. It was beautiful. The grass was green, the sky was clear, and I could breath. Nothing was distracting me, I saw butterflies and not just any butterflies....they were yellow butterflies! God knows my favorite color and it just happens to be yellow. I needed to see them, not one or two, or even three, but I witnessed five unique, marvelous butterflies towards the end of my run! The day I married, my father danced with me to the song called: "Butterfly Kisses," ask anyone who was there about the butterflies that began to fly around us, it was priceless and henceforth lies another reason I adore butterflies. It has been SOOOO rough lately, maybe one day I will be able to write about it. Yet, for right now I am just processing everything in my mind. Anyway, as I ran and grew tired....the butterflies started to appear. As if the Lord was encouraging me to keep running, to not quit. Reminding me that He loves me and how He will get me to the end of this course, that He is enough and ALL that I need. The butterflies were so light and full of color, joy was exuding their presence. Can I let go and let God so that I might be light, full of His color and radiant because of our communion?

No comments:

Post a Comment