Friday, August 17, 2018

5 Life Lessons

5 lessons I’ve learned over the past 10 years walking through divorce, child separation, parent alienation, & death:
1. No person or material thing can make me happy, happiness is an inside job. Only the self has the power of making a decision to choose joy. AND......Don’t take things personal or make assumptions.
2. Peace is all perspective. Becoming conscious of my emotions and reactions help me respond to life situations with ease. Knowing there is a surplus of possibilities and not just one solution reassures me stress is an option, not a requirement. Forgiveness releases pain and anger, as well as opens the doorway for healing.
3. Remain open, so I may continue to grow mentally and financially. Reading books daily reminds me there is more to explore & what I’m used to (or what I’ve learned in my past) isn’t the “only” way.
4. Take time out for myself. Meditate, create, rest, eat, PLAY, enjoy a piece of my day! This keeps me grounded & grateful. I must take care of myself in order to give back towards others. Can’t give from an empty basket! Just keep doing my best.
5. Movement matters. Being physical, staying active, reminds my body how good it feels. Nutrition nourishes my body, gives me energy, & keeps me feeling (& looking) forever young!

This is my truth, and may I remain impeccable with my word.
Kara C Adams

No comments:

Post a Comment