Friday, March 31, 2017

Painting memories

Today, I lived. I enjoyed moments as if I was a child. I invited myself over to someone's place and in return they invited me into a glimpse of their life. If was the most beautiful time I've experienced in awhile. I forgot I set an intention to serve and my heart melted all over the place. I played on a playground with children I just met, I painted pictures of nature, fed the geese, pretended the deck to a pond was a pirate ship, listened to laughter, and my hands were not let go by little ones whose eyes were full of hope. So, yes, at the end of this amazing day I am trying not to let these heavy eyes close before I can share this light upon your heart. In order for us to know our part, we must first be willing to serve. To be content, we must first lose everything, and to be full of joy, we must first allow ourselves to understand our pain. Every minute I've been here on this planet has only brought me closer to my destiny. I am an advocate for those that have and are abused, I am transparent to showcase the freedom there is, I will not be silent because silence is not where healing and change occur. Today, reminded me why I write, why I live, and why I exist.

No comments:

Post a Comment