Monday, May 23, 2016

Keeping Silent

Life: full of possibilities; we are given so much and have the choice to live in captivity or freedom. I completely agree with Forest Gump's statement: "Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you are going to get." Every time I hear that quote I smile. It's true. We don't necessarily like every flavor we might bite into yet, how we react is all on us.

I am constantly in awe of nature, how peaceful it is, how beautiful it is, how it calms me to just walk outside and either feel the sun's warmth on my skin or hear the rhythm of the rain. No matter the circumstances that have hit me in life, I've learned to be brave. I'm still learning to not spit the chocolate that I don't prefer out in disgust or react as a toddler pitching a fit when it's not the one I want.

Today, I was struggling to see the silver lining.
My very best friend wrote a letter for me, I need character witnesses and she stepped up to the plate. As I read it the tears streamed down my face. We sometimes have no idea how others see us, and when they capture it and put it down on ink it seems to always humble our hearts. Knowing that there are people willing to stand behind you and fight for you, takes my breath away. We are so used to hearing the negative or having others point out our flaws, it baffles our minds when truth occurs. Reading her sweet words stirred so much love within my soul, I wanted to randomly tell others how I felt about them and what I admire in them as an individual. SO, I promise from this day forward to not hold back, I solemnly swear to honor others light, I want to remind them of why they shine. Keeping silent is not an option anymore. Joy is my name and freedom is here to declare as our right. I am not afraid, I am not alone, I choose life by choosing love through caring and serving. When I am being stripped of everything that this world has, it doesn't phase me anymore. I have been crushed, I have been torn, I have been raped, I have been told lies that I am not enough and never will be.....yet now I know the truth and have all that I need. I AM MORE THAN A CONQUERER!

"This world has nothing for me and this world has everything. All that I could want and nothing that I need."

No comments:

Post a Comment