Friday, March 22, 2013

Created

Lately, I've been nesting.  Fixing my house up just the way I see most fit and functional.  I have many plans for this house that I grew up in, memories in every corner and nook.  The children and I see nothing but, opportunity and adventure!  Thanks to my mom, we are making it our own with new memories and laughter in every single room.  I believe that is what my father would have wanted for us.  I am now the care taker of my childhood home and am honored to keep it beautiful and safe.  As I was talking to a friend this evening that is currently struggling to understand why they have to be somewhere and telling me they could do better on their own, I was enlightened.  You see, I felt the same as my friend not too long ago.  I thought I could grow more and succeed better anywhere else rather than in my hometown.  When I was away from here:  pay was better, stress was gone, and people were more accepting.  Favorable circumstances occurred and life seemed effortless!  As I returned to the place I once called home I felt taken advantage of, judged, lost in a dry land of ritual and legalism.  People seemed harsh, unhappy, angry and stuck.  It was HARD and I didn't want to come back.  I literally hid from everything and everyone.  I learned it was not the town or people, it was me and my perception.  I told my friend this, and then noticed the bar-stool my kids and I painted the day before and said to my buddy:       
"Look at your life and circumstances this way:  You are an artist(you will understand this), when you create a piece of artwork - you see it as a masterpiece.  It's yours and you created it.  Well, God created you and when he looks at you - He SEES HIS MASTERPIECE!  Only He can envision the WHOLE picture and scheme of things(like a director of a film).  We can only see what is in front of us, not the end or deleted scenes.  God knows what's best (He's been there and done that) and we MUST trust Him!  You can't trust man, that includes yourself!  Man screws everything up.  Trust God with your life, the one who created you for it.  When we attempt to do it ourselves or try to take control and do things the worlds way, I don't think that we can become the masterpiece He designed for us to be (without Him/the Creator).  It's only when we realize that we desperately need Him to become the masterpiece He has designed us to be.  Then, we can discover why we are here and what our purpose is!  Seek Him and FIND Him, our creator, because when we see with His eyes what we are and how He sees us, we will be completely satisfied.  By spending time with the one that knit us together we discover our purpose and what we were made for.  He views us as beautiful, priceless, YES! WE ARE HIS JOY!  Just like when we delight in our workmanship."  
We are God's MASTERPIECE!  We can't fully be what we were created to be if we aren't plugged into the one that can maintain us and guide us to our destiny.  We might not reach our fullest potential if we don't get charged by our Creator, our Source of energy and strength.  Sometimes I'm foolish and run from the one that wants the BEST for me.  I cave into gullible thinking that I can discover better for my life.  I don't trust man, which translates "why trust myself?"  I know I will definitely mess up.

Point:  We really and truly can't be what we were created to be without our Creator.  Art doesn't just happen, there is ALWAYS an artist with a master plan!  Try to trust the one that sees the BIG picture and not your own tunnel vision.

p.s.  Take a look at this video, Pledge isn't just for cleaning furniture!

No comments:

Post a Comment