Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Just being a mom, who knew?

There are some things in life worth fighting for. Our children are one of those things. Today I went to eat lunch with my baby girl, last week I went to lunch with my boys. This past month has truly been an incredible, refreshing & honoring opportunity for me. You see, before I closed my studio last month, let's go earlier back to before the studio started last year, prior to starting online school(that I still do), the 4 jobs I struggled through, even before the divorce or my father's passing, -I, was, a, mom. It was my number one job, my favorite responsibility, & today still is(yet at this moment in time there are no distractions). Its quite nice not having to teach 5 classes a day, clean up after classes, run all over town advertising, pay people to come teach and answer hundreds of questions from clients or interested minds, be on a constant vicious path to discover a baby sitter, work myself to the bone to make a business run on my own with school over my head and deadlines for articles for the newspaper & so on. Quite frankly, it has been a life of luxury to sit and soak in some sun and natures peaceful atmosphere. My yard is clean, my house is clean, my homework is done, my kids are mine, and I get to enjoy their baseball & soccer games! So, last week when I was sitting with my middle son during his school lunch & he looked me straight in the eye & said "Mom, why do you act like you want to hang out with us all of the time now?" I knew that was code for "Where you been?" I didn't cry, instead I said "get used to it!" I don't want to miss priceless moments with my kiddos. Today at my baby girl's lunch I didn't want to let her go, she sat in my lap and I couldn't stop smelling her hair, asking her questions, and listening to her funny scenarios. When one of my son's classmates asked if I was his sister we chuckled until our stomachs hurt. I can't hold them enough, tell them how much I love them enough, listen to them enough, read to them enough, answer their questions about life enough, it makes my heart full. These moments will never be returned, I know my father cherished every moment with my sister, my mom, and me. I'm counting my blessings & focusing on the positive, sure- I know at times things get hairy and frustrating but every moment is a moment that is full of growth.....or the chance to uncover one of life's impeccable lessons. I don't regret anything, I just keep on keeping on, learning as I go. Swim in the pool of liberation and enlightenment! Discipline, in my lifetime, has been very beneficial to me, but grace has moved my soul to see a whole new realm of reality. P.S. On the mom note- please be in prayer for my sweet friend Jennie and her baby girl Eleanor Bliss who has been spitting up since birth. Doctors have discovered a hiatal hernia. She and her husband Brian are taking Eleanor to MUSC tomorrow to see the pediatric gastroenterologist. Join me in big prayers for Eleanor Bliss who is only 3 weeks old, today.

No comments:

Post a Comment