Sunday, August 1, 2010

Tinkerbell


Tinkerbell(my daughter Eve)'s birthday was this Saturday. She is my little lion, her sign: Leo. I cherish how she plays with her dolls as if they are real, crawls in my bed when she gets scared, makes up songs about where we are going in the car, orders her three older brothers around, plays with my hair and tells me she loves me at least three times a day. It is quite amusing how my children do certain things to keep my heart feeling fluttered with joy. I am still amazed that I'm a mother and have the opportunity to experience such satisfaction. There is nothing on this earth that can describe the gratitude of a mother's heart. Don't get me wrong and think how cheesy I may be coming across.......my kids misbehave and I am very humbled at times when we take that awful trip to the grocery store. For goodness sakes, I have three boys- that should be enough said. They fight, they call names, they struggle sharing, and they are mine. At the end of the day they always ask: "Where is my hug and kiss, Momma?" Nothing can replace those tiny voices requesting for love and nothing can stop me from freely dispensing it.
My baby girl turned four and was so excited about it. She could hardly wait for her guest to arrive. She explained how all of us would be wearing a tiara, Seth objected after I explained what a tiara was. Eventually, everyone showed up. As the children sat at the table, my lovely friends and family were my aid to host the most adorable tea party in honor of Tinkerbell. Little teacups served with apple juice or hot tea, butter crackers and cookies, fruit and veggies with dip, and yummy birthday cake, it was a young girls delightful event. It was my little girl's day and I was so proud of her. Tinkerbell reminds Peter Pan(me) and the lost boys(her brothers) that you need pixie dust to fly; that there is plenty of time to grow up, so use your time wisely being in the moment- that you can take notice of all the small things in life that keep your heart pure. To sit and have tea, to enjoy the company you are with, to sing when you feel like singing, to never stop telling the ones that are closest to you how much you love them. Thank you Tink, the lost boys and I enjoy the pixie dust you sprinkle in our house and all around.

No comments:

Post a Comment