Tuesday, April 13, 2010

This is what its like

I am missing you daddy! I can't seem to help but wonder how things could be different if you were still here. I'm tired daddy, where can I lay my mind so sleep may come? Yet, I am forever thankful for the times we shared, for the memories I now treasure and the laughter you brought to me and my children. I am blessed to have had such a wonderful dad. Not many get to experience the love of a kind and compassionate father. Whether it be the love of a mother, of a sister, brother, friend, aunt, uncle; whomever it is that has shown you that love exist, cherish them and the seconds you hold together. For this is what its like when they are gone, an empty spot inside you that can never be filled again. I am comforted to know he lived and lived fully, he loved unconditionally. He accepted people where they were at and did anything for them. This is how Jesus loves and how we can see that love is real. Smile, because someone loves you and you too can love.

No comments:

Post a Comment