Friday, January 6, 2017

Unbearable

When life takes away your only cherished moments, unspeakable pain overcomes you. Unbearable sorrow swallows you up and you weep because that is all your body will allow you to do.....I know I'm supposed to be strong, yet today I cannot. I cannot put on a grin or cover my face, I am gasping for air through these tears. Everything has been stripped away from me. The most precious gifts ever entrusted to me are gone. I can't watch them while they sleep or hug them when they wake. Help them off to school or make them their favorite meal. I miss my heart, it walks around outside my chest in four pieces. I am completely crushed and am supposed to start fresh....it feels like I have been shamed for a crime I did not commit. ALL I ever wanted to be was your mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment