Tuesday, November 27, 2012

my world is upside down

I wake, the hour is early where I live, but not where I was last week.  Kenya, a place where poverty is not the end of all things.  I lay awake trying to embrace slumber yet, my mind is one with my body and refuses to let this hour pass unspoken.
It was only by faith that I ended up in such a place.  Literally receiving money for a visa the day before my trip to Africa, through one of God's vessels.  The young man doesn't remember things very easily due to a fatal accident yet, our heavenly Father reminded him and would not let it go -by keeping him awake one night, insisting that he give to a sister in need(me).  You may say coincidence, yet I know my dad better than that.  I was blown away every time money was due for my mission trip, I had no idea where it was coming from, or maybe I did......it's all God's money to begin with(right).
When I received papers 2 days before the trip that would test the waters of my faith, asking me to surrender the impossible(my 4 children), I remained obedient.
Was it the spirit of God waking a woman (listening for God's voice) that Thursday as I was getting prepared to leave on a plane, to empty all the cash out of her purse into my hands -so that I could witness God financially blessing the women in the village north of Nanyuki?  I can not describe in full what my eyes have seen, but please understand that I felt at home HALF WAY across the world in such a place where dirt is not dirty.  At one point I imagined someone packing up my own children and shipping them to me, they were my only treasures that were allowing feelings of homesickness.    
I was emotionally torn between the sweet children(that were complete strangers) embracing me -as if I was their best friend they haven't seen in years; and the woman who opened her home to me, serving tea to a christian despite her husbands beliefs on christianity -having stoned her for going to church in the past.
This is only the beginning of the short time I spent in a land where God spoke to me saying: "Do NOT fear!  The Victory is the Lord's!"  Joshua 1:9, Lamentations 3:57, Psalm 20:6(NIV)
I can not sleep until I cry out how "OUR God, whom sent Jesus to die for our sins through the cross and rose from the grave to give us hope, is a MIGHTY GOD!"
.............to be continued when sleep is not.............

No comments:

Post a Comment