Monday, May 10, 2010

Who will love me for me?

What does love really mean, as I hear this song I contemplate whether I stand in faith or confusion. This may sound crazy, but at times I get suspicious and frustrated that I am too friendly. Do I stand my ground or am I allowing people to take advantage of me? I love smiling and birthing laughter in other faces, yet when I tend to open my heart to let my Creator shine through....its as if I become some sort of a target.
I walked into church this morning and could not, for the life of me, stay. It was Mother's day and I let my spirit be captured, against its will to find that I was caring about others judgement of me. So, hearing this song that repeats over and over, "Who will love me for me? Nobody has shown me what love really means." I exhaust myself with tears, all my life I have lingered and rested my head on His chest. Lately, not so much. Who will love me, not for what I have done or what I will become? Only one can, his name is Jesus. I am independent because I was blessed to have an incredibly strong mother. I do not ask for help and I always find ways to make ends meet. Yet, my faith feels thin. My belief is weary of his chest. I am terribly lonely and want a love that loves me for me. As of right now, I will sit and hope for love. To see it in others, to not be so friendly, to escape from here and now. I ask who is a free person? The one who is interested in liberating himself or herself from self-made bondage. It is completely in our hands whether to be bound or free. It is within my journey whether I will choose to love me for me and allow others to do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment